Injury Treatment for Insurance Claims
I currently accept insurance claims for:
- PIP (Personal Injury Protection, ie. motor vehicle/car accidents)
- L&I (Labor & Industries, ie. on-the-job injuries)
I am not in-network with any other insurance providers* at this time (even though my name may still be listed in their provider directory).
Massage sessions for Diagnosed Injury Treatment last 60-minutes each, and typically span a number of sessions over a period of time (as determined by the doctor’s prescription).
For the first session, we will conduct a thorough assessment, determine short-term and long-term goals, and record metrics (including range of motion and pain levels) — all of which will be used to create a specific treatment plan for the diagnosed injury. Each session thereafter follows the treatment plan, and will include: a brief intake, hands-on work, and follow-up assessment.
Please contact me or call prior to booking your first appointment for a diagnosed injury (insurance) case. We’ll need to discuss your case and review your insurance claim to ensure coverage. Rates for injury treatment for insurance claim sessions are $45 per 15-minute unit, or $180 for a 1-hour session.
For all Diagnosed Injury Treatment sessions that will be billed against an injury claim for payment, you will need to provide:
- Prescription from a doctor or chiropractor, which must include:
- diagnosis code(s)
- number and/or frequency of treatments
- expiration date
- Authorization & Claim information
- L&I authorization number –or– PIP claim number
- representative name and phone number
* For insurance benefits such as Premera, Regence, Kaiser First Choice, Cigna, Aetna, or United: I can provide an itemized receipt called a “superbill” which you can send in for reimbursement, but I cannot guarantee that they will reimburse any or all of the costs. Be sure to call your insurance provider and ask about their reimbursement process!